Hello friends!
Since my last post, we were in the studio working hard on the record and had just finished tracking.
Since then, we have finished up the project, and I'm really happy with what we did! I hope that everyone will enjoy the new music! It's very exciting to have a new record coming out since the last CD, which was recorded when I was 15 (came out when I was 16). It's been officially over 2 years since Secrets, the last record, came out. I feel like I am in a different place not only musically since then, but in life. So much can change within a short period of time it is astounding. I will have just turned 19 when this new album comes out! Hard to believe! But life really is a beautiful thing, and I sure have had a wonderful ride thus far. God has been so good to me and I have a lot to be thankful for!
The band is starting to get busy! We recently played a run of three really fun shows at the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival in PA, and a Guitar Town Series Concert in Hamden, CT, then finally a church in Millville, NJ. It's so great to play with the guys in the band. I really am blessed to play with such good guys. We are heading off to the Yukon Territory tomorrow in Canada for what I'm sure will be an awesome trip! Christian won't be able to make this trip as he is graduating high school (CONGRATS CHRISTIAN!), but we are happy that Rob Ickes will be joining us for the festival, as Blue Highway will also be performing. After a week or so up in Canada we will fly to Los Angeles for about a week in California. Should be fun! Can't wait to enjoy the wonderful California weather. It will be our first time playing in there since Christian has been in the band. I know he will enjoy getting to play in his homelands! :)

All in all, the summer is going great and I'm enjoying it very much! It's been great to be back home in Byrdstown with my folks and brother as well. Mom and dad have a beautiful garden this year, so we've been grilling out often and enjoying fresh lettuce, peas and other veggies!!
I would also like to make mention that this past April, I lost a very dear friend and musician, Houston Caldwell, in a motorcycle accident. Houston was a banjo player from Galax, VA and one of the best people and friends I've ever had the chance to have and know. He is already SO missed by everyone that knew him, but I am at peace in knowing he is in a better place than we can even imagine! His mother, Tess Caldwell, just called me as I was typing this and told me that the city of Galax is going to hold an honorary annual festival in Houston's name in his hometown of Galax. I am happy to say that the band and I are going to take part in the event. Based on how many people thought the world of Houston, I know it's going to be really easy to find tons of musicians and bands that want to come out and help with this event. I am thankful to know Houston's family and am so happy to hear that this awesome idea is coming to life! :) So, bluegrass fans - make your calendar for HOUSTON FEST - May 6th and 7th, 2011 in Galax, VA. More info. to come soon!
Thats all for now I suppose, and I hope everyone out there is doing well! Hopefully we will see a bunch of you out on the road within the next few months!
God Bless!
Sierra
Hey, I saw that sign last month when I took my wife and son to see you play in Hamden, CT. Loved the show as usual and enjoyed talking to Clay afterwards. Enjoy the summer. Jim, CT
ReplyDelete